SOCIAL MEDIA

Love List

Friday 23 March 2018

Interior inspo - Home office


Picture from Pinterest


After finally finishing the kitchen/dinning room, okay so there are a few small odd jobs left to do but whatever, we can finally move on to turning the front room into a home office/ cosy reading corner for me to cwtch up in on a Saturday afternoon to get away from the madness. Before staring any of the rooms in our house, I never really had a clear plan of what exactly I wanted it to look like. Often I'd find a paint colour I like or a piece of furniture and base the whole room around that and things kind of fell into place.




No Neutrals, Thanks!

I can be a very indecisive person, however I know what I definitely don't like and thats white/grey walls. I know lots of people like the clean lines of all white walls and it can look really chic, but I can't help think of how boring it would be in my own home. Maybe its from years of dreaming of owning my own home and finally being able to throw some paint at the walls. I love the drama of a dark navy wall and the cosiness of velvet. I know were now officially in spring, (if someone could remind the weather, that'd be great!) and I should be thinking of lighter colours and textures but honestly how many days a year do we actually have that are really warm?? Even in spring/summer I love snuggling up on a comfy sofa at the end of the day with a soft blanket on top. So I try to make my home not only aesthetically pleasing but also so that it works for us and suits our needs.

Studying and Working

Since we moved in we always used the front room as an office, but it just never really worked. We made a lovely long desk to go across the whole of one wall but as we were both sharing it, it soon became cluttered, the chairs we had were given to us and were not the most comfortable to sit on for more than a few hours and it was just not a place were we felt motivated to go in and do some work. It also acted as dining room before we did the kitchen out, and generally just a dumping ground. Now that I am coming to the end of my PGCE course, and all our other rooms downstairs are done, I really want this to be somewhere we we can go in, feel motivated to work, chill out after a busy day and just have some peace with no tv in the background.

I cant wait for it all to be done, but for now i'm still in the inspiration stages.








 

Post a Comment